CP006 - Cultural Programme - Reading Breakfast: Voices from the Holocaust: a perspective on childhood and Shoá through films and testimonies
- Ciclo: 2019
- Nivel: Culture Programme
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: ESSARP
- Capacitador/es: Yael Hasbani
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 800.00
No afiliados ARS 800.00
|1||01 Jun 2019||09:00 AM||12:00 PM|
Yael is a graduate English teacher from I.E.S.L.V "Juan Ramón Fernández", and a senior student at the Translation course in the same institution. She finished her specialization in English Literature II, focusing her dissertation on the Literature of Third Places. She holds a Postítulo de Especialización de Nivel Superior en Educación y TIC from Ministerio Nacional de Educación. She also holds a postgraduate diploma in English Literature from Universidad Nacional del Litoral, Ciclo de Licenciatura en Inglés. She has worked for more than 15 years teaching English at primary and secondary school institutions and as a course facilitator for professional development. She also worked at I.E.S.L.V "Juan Ramón Fernández” for 2 years as a Literature II teacher at Teacher Training College. She is currently a lecturer in the subjects Literatura Inglesa II and Taller de Metodologías de la Investigación, Ciclo de Licenciatura en Inglés, Universidad Nacional del Litoral.
Literature lovers and secondary school Language and Literature teachers willing to integrate innovative texts, new media, visual and auditory literacies in their daily teaching
- To discuss and explore the Holocaust through testimonies, films and fiction.
- To explore the richness of literature to analyze historical facts.
- To develop and foster intercultural awareness by analyzing the causes and effects of Shoa as a cultural phenomenon.
- Extracts from I want to fly like a butterfly, An Elephant in the Garden, Number the Stars, The Diary of Petr Ginz
- Extracts from The Book Thief and The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler. (Film versions)
Analysis of the extracts, testimonies and film extracts. During the session we will discuss, analyze and build an intertextual dialogue with the texts proposed for this course.
- Lowry, L. (1989). Number the Stars. Houghton Mifflin Books: New York
- Morgerstern, N. (1998). I Wanted to Fly like a Butterfly. Yad Vashem Press: Jerusalem
- Morpurgo, M. (2010). An Elephant in the Garden. Feiwel and Friends: New York
- Pressburger, C. (ed.).(2004) . The Diary of Petr Ginz (1941-1942). Grove Press: New York