D168b - Proved to work! Innovative and fresh ideas from teachers around the world
- Ciclo: 2019
- Nivel: Primary / Secondary
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: ESSARP
- Capacitador/es: María Barberis, Romina Paola Cariati
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 4800.00
No afiliados ARS 4800.00
|1||27 May 2019 - 02 Jun 2019||01:00 PM||01:00 PM|
|2||03 Jun 2019 - 09 Jun 2019||01:00 PM||01:00 PM|
|3||10 Jun 2019 - 17 Jun 2019||01:00 PM||01:00 PM|
|4||18 Jun 2019 - 23 Jun 2019||01:00 PM||01:00 PM|
|5||24 Jun 2019 - 30 Jun 2019||01:00 PM||01:00 PM|
|6||01 Jul 2019 - 07 Jul 2019||01:00 PM||01:00 PM|
Capacitador/esRomina Paola Cariati
Romina Cariati holds a degree in Education, specialized in Education Management from UNQUI. She is also a Teacher of English from UMSA and holds a post graduate diploma on Socio-educational Programs from the Ministry of Education. She has worked at several bilingual schools and co-founded Westbridge School of English located in Banfield. Since 2011, she has been working with the Thinking Visible approach from Harvard University, Neuroscience applied to education and the Teaching for Understanding framework. Nowadays, she is the Thinking Visible Coach at Grilli Canning College (primary school) and a teacher trainer and educator for schools as well as for companies.
Maria Barberis is a Mg in Education Management from UNSAM and holds a Diploma in ELT Management from Surrey University. She graduated in 1977 from Catholic University of Argentina as a Teacher of English where she then taught Grammar I & II. In 1982, she co - founded Windmill Institute at CABA. For the past twenty five years she worked at Marin School in San Isidro where she performed different managerial positions such as Head of English Department in Primary and Secondary, IBD Coordinator and School Principal. At the moment, she is a teacher trainer and educator for schools as well as for companies.
All teachers at Primary and Secondary school level
- To discover original ideas that have worked for other colleagues and analize its impact on their teaching.
- To adapt those ideas to our own contexts and subjects and keep what works for us.
- To create new approaches to teach where critical thinking and autonomy are present in our classrooms.
- Overview of the concept of performances of understanding by the Teaching for Understanding Framework.
- Innovative ideas to apply in our classrooms.
- New strategies to engage our students into critical thinking.
Online course consisting of 6 modules which will have plenty of ideas to take and adapt to your needs. We will foster constant participation in all the nodules. Sharing and learning together is our premise
- Blythe, Tina (1998) The Teaching for Understanding Guide. Jossey-Bass.
- Ritchhart, Ron et al. (2011) Making Thinking Visible. How to Promote Engagement, Understanding and Independence for All Learners. Jossey-Bass.
- Swartz R, Costa A, Beyer B (2008) Thinking-Based Leaning: Promoting Quality Student Achievement in the 21st Century.
- More bibliography will be provided during the course