D190 - Webinar: Dyslexia and Spelling: Regularities and rules of English spelling that help
- Ciclo: 2019
- Nivel: Primary / Secondary
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: Distance
- Capacitador/es: Maria Laura Scasso
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 2400.00
No afiliados ARS 2400.00
|1||16 Aug 2019||Sesión a distancia|
|2||30 Aug 2019||Sesión a distancia|
|3||13 Sep 2019||Sesión a distancia|
Capacitador/esMaria Laura Scasso
Staff and coaching teacher in charge of the Learning Center at St. John’s School in Pilar from 1999 up to September 2017. Academic Director of the online “Dislexia Sin Fronteras”, Spanish version of the Coursera MOOC: Supporting Children with Difficulties with Reading and Writing, University of London, Dyslexia International and the UCL Institute fo Education. Mentor of the same MOOC. Member of the D.E.A group: Red Argentina. Participated in support of the National Law for dyslexia and other learning difficulties. Lecturer at workshops and conferences about Dyslexia for teachers and families. Spanish/English Scientific and Literary Translator, INSP en Lenguas Vivas.
Teachers of English in primary and secondary school
- Introduction to the Orton Gillingham method to teach English spelling native students with dyslexia.
- Introduction to the SoftEnglish method to teach English spelling to non-native students with dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties.
- Understand how to chunk words in English and how chunking helps with spelling.
- Introduce the most common patterns that need to be explicitly taught.
- English as an opaque language.
- English spelling patterns and how they can help with spelling.
- Explicit, structured, systematic multisensory teaching of English spelling.
- The Orton Gillingham method
- The SoftRead method.
- Spelling practice: what works and what doesn't work.
We are going to use an online platform called Adobe Connect for our webinars. The 3 webinars can be attended from the comfort of your home or workspace. ESSARP will send an email with guided instructions on how to join each webinar. You will have to enter your username and password and check your audio. Please check the date and time of each webinar: TIme: 6.00 - 6.45 p.m.
Philomena Ott, 1997, How to detect and manage dyslexia - A reference and resource manual. Heinemann.
Ronald D. Davis, 2010, The Gift of Dyslexia - Perigee
- Milne Duncan, 2005, Teaching the Brain to Read, Smartkids.
International Dyslexia Association: Dyslexia Assessment, what it is and how can it help
British Dyslexia Association: What are Specific Learning Difficulties.
Headstrong Nation: Inside the Hidden World of Dyslexia & ADHD