P250 - Phonics and spelling in Years 1, 2 and 3: How to teach spelling in Primary after the 42 sounds
- Ciclo: 2019
- Nivel: Primary
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: ESSARP
- Capacitador/es: Grace Vilar
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 500.00
No afiliados ARS 500.00
|1||21 Feb 2019||01:30 PM||04:30 PM|
She is a graduated English teacher who has 30 years of classroom experience and headship in bilingual schools in Argentina. She travels to the UK on a yearly basis to work in schools, work with the most renown Phonics and Literacy experts and get training to improve her knowledge and teaching practice. She works as s Synthetic Phonics Trainer, an Educational and Literacy Consultant and Teacher Trainer offering advice and providing training in synthetic phonics in English in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Brasil Mexico and Peru, in private and state schools. Grace is an IFERI Committee member: International Foundation for Effective Reading Instruction and author of the spanish Synthetic Phonics programme.
For all Year 1, 2 and 3 Primary school teachers, Heads, Coordinators, teaching assistants and learning difficulties specialists, who have attended Synthetic Phonics Part 1 or have been using a Synthetic Phonics approach successfully for a while
- To develop Phonics through exploring in more detail the English Alphabetic Code, the Simple View of Reading and the teaching of synthetic phonics reinforcing its teaching practice.
- To learn how to teach alternative spellings.
- To learn how to teach spelling and phonics systematically and incidentally.
- The English Alphabetic Code: simple and complex code: What comes after the first 42+ sounds.
- Alternative spellings: How to teach, sequence and order. A phonics spelling lesson.
- Systematic and incidental teaching of phonics spelling. How and when.
- How to assess children in their phonics process using the simple view of reading and writing
An interactive and participative workshop where the facilitator will show, explain and provide guidelines on how to teach Phonics from Year1 to Year 3.
The simple View of Reading: The Jim Rose Report: UK
Debbie Hepplewhite´s English Alphabetic Code
Dehaene, S. (2009) Reading in the Brain