PS201 - Creativity & Literature in the English Class
- Ciclo: 2019
- Nivel: Primary / Secondary
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: ESSARP
- Capacitador/es: Griselda Beacon
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 500.00
No afiliados ARS 500.00
|1||19 Feb 2019||01:30 PM||04:30 PM|
Griselda Beacon holds an MA in English & American Literature and Foreign Language Teaching from Philipps-Universität Marburg, Germany. She delivers teacher training workshops in Argentina and abroad and focusses on teaching young learners, children and adolescents´ literature, creativity, CLIL for primary teachers & intercultural education. At present she teaches Children and Adolescents’ Literature at Teacher Training College at the IES en Lenguas Vivas "Juan Ramón Fernández".
Primary and Secondary Teachers
- Bring the traditional tales and rhymes to the students’ contemporary world.
- Work with poems and stories.
- Play with textual intervention: Transform and integrate the Arts (songs, dance and performance).
- Traditional tales and rhymes and their contemporary versions.
- Arts Integration: Dialogue between visual art and poems.
The workshop has a dialogical and interactive approach. Participants will discuss and apply concepts, work with literary texts for children and teens, brainstorm creative teaching ideas, develop supporting teaching materials and carry out tasks in groups. Participants will give a try at creative writing and performance.
- Egan, Kieran. (2005) An Imaginative Approach to Teaching. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
- Lazar, Gillian. (2005) Literature and Language Teaching. Cambridge: CUP
- Maley, Alan. (1994) Short and Sweet. Short Texts and How to Use Them. Londres: Penguin
- McRae, John. (1991) Literature with a Small “l”. Londres: Macmillan
- Nodelman, Perry. (2003) The Pleasures of Children’s Literature. Boston: Allyn & Bacon
- Pope, Rob. (1995) Textual Intervention. Critical and Creative Strategies for Literary Studies. Londres: Routledge
- Read, Carol (2007) 500 Activities for the Primary Classroom. Londres: Macmillan Pub. Lted.
- Slattery, Mary (2008) Teaching with Bear. Oxford: Oxford UP
- Wilson, Ken. (2008) Drama and Improvisation. Oxford: Oxford UP
- Wright, Andrew. (1995) Storytelling with Children. Series Ed. Alan Maley. Oxford: Oxford UP
----. (1997) Creating Stories with Children. Oxford: Oxford UP
- Worthy, Jo. (2005) Readers Theater for Building Fluency. New York: Teaching Resources
21st Century Skills Map. Partnership for 21st Century Skills. https://www.actfl.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/21stCenturySkillsMap/p21_worldlanguagesmap.pdf