PS229 - The Learning Power Approach: Is it possible to teach learners to teach themselves?
- Ciclo: 2019
- Nivel: Primary / Secondary
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Anunciado
- Lugar: ESSARP
- Capacitador/es: Luciana Fernández
Por favor incribirse antes del
Lunes 11 de Noviembre
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 1600.00
No afiliados ARS 1600.00
|1||14 Nov 2019||05:30 PM||08:30 PM|
|2||21 Nov 2019||05:30 PM||08:30 PM|
Luciana Fernández is a graduate teacher of English who has been teaching English for the past twenty-three years. She has specialized in Methodology and Teaching Practice and she holds a Diploma in Educational Research from the University of Cambridge, Faculty of Education. She is a Reading and Literacy expert and has been training teachers in this area for the past thirteen years. She is a teacher educator and has designed several presentations and courses for professional development both in Argentina and abroad. Her presentation at ARTESOL 2015 was selected to be presented at TESOL International as a Best Affiliate Session. She is one of the 50 scholarship winners who attended and presented at IATEFL, held in Birmingham in April 2016. Luciana has been the Head at several bilingual IB institutions in Buenos Aires. At present she is a Learning Consultant and reader for National Geographic Learning and Trinity College London Argentina. She is also a facilitator at ESSARP (English Speaking Scholastic Association of the River Plate), where she trains heads and teachers from the most important bilingual institutions in Argentina.
Primary and Secondary school Heads, coordinators and teachers
Get participants to:
- understand why, when and how we learn.
- explore the learning power approach.
- explore the learning power approach in action.
- explore the learning power approach classroom and what happens in it.
- The Learning Power Approach (Guy Claxton)
- What is Learning?
- Getting better at learning.
- Dispositions and skills for learning.
- Elements of learning power.
- Learning Power in Action.
In the sessions participants will: - discuss and reflect in groups. - analyze and evaluate material, cases, situations. - see other practitioners in action. - get practical ideas to implement in their classrooms.
- The Learning Power Approach by Guy Claxton.
- Powering Children up by Guy Claxton.