PS230 - ESSARP goes to Colegio Esquiú: How can my assessment practice enhance my students’ learning?
- Ciclo: 2019
- Nivel: Primary / Secondary
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Anunciado
- Lugar: AR225 - Colegio Esquiú
- Capacitador/es: Carlos A. González
Por favor incribirse antes del
Viernes 15 de Noviembre
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 800.00
No afiliados ARS 800.00
|1||20 Nov 2019||02:00 PM||05:00 PM|
Carlos A. González holds a Master’s degree of Arts in Education, University of Bath (UK), and is a teacher of English graduated from ISP “Joaquín V. González”. He has a wide professional experience in several institutions at primary, secondary, tertiary and university level as teacher, teacher trainer, coordinator and head teacher. He has published books on school management and assessment, and has adapted textbooks for EFL. He is a Speaking Examiner for Cambridge English examinations and for English Language at IGCSE and AICE level. At present he is the Headmaster at Barker College and lecturer on Assessment in the postgraduate course for teachers at Universidad de San Andrés.
Primary & Secondary school staff
- To provide a worthwhile experience in which teachers can critically reflect on the significance and impact of formative assessment
- To enable teachers to acquire sufficient knowledge and understanding, and to become more confident when they assess their students’ learning formatively
- To develop skills which encourage formative assessment practice
- To develop attitudes relevant to formative assessment
At the end of the sessions, teachers are expected to have:
- developed a sounder understanding of assessment, its aims and its impact.
- acquired skills and designed resources that will encourage them to systematize formative assessment in their lessons.
- valued how formative assessment can enhance their own learning and their students’.
- Assessment of and for learning
- Learning outcome
- Assessment criteria
- Formative feedback
Teachers will be encouraged to reflect on their understanding of assessment on the basis of their own theories and those of others. They will capitalize on their new learning so as to put into practice new formative assessment strategies and design resources for their lessons. This will be achieved by means of a balanced combination of lecturing and activities.
- Anijovich R and González C (2011) Evaluar para aprender. Buenos Aires, Aique.
- Black P, Harrison C, Lee C, Marshall B, Wiliam D (2004) Assessment for Learning. Putting it into Practice. Maidenhead, Open University Press.
- Brookhart, S (2008) How to give effective feedback to your students. ASCD.
- Lambert D and Lines D (2000) Undesrtanding Assessment. Purposes, Perceptions, Practice. Cornwall, Routledge Falmer.