K245 - Kindergarten Literature-based Projects that Rock!!
- Ciclo: 2020
- Nivel: Kindergarten
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: ESSARP
- Capacitador/es: Luciana Fernández
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 1200.00
No afiliados ARS 1200.00
|1||12 Feb 2020||01:30 PM||04:30 PM|
Luciana Fernández is a graduate teacher of English who has been teaching English for the past twenty-three years. She has specialized in Methodology and Teaching Practice and she holds a Diploma in Educational Research from the University of Cambridge, Faculty of Education. She is a Reading and Literacy expert and has been training teachers in this area for the past thirteen years. She is a teacher educator and has designed several presentations and courses for professional development both in Argentina and abroad. Her presentation at ARTESOL 2015 was selected to be presented at TESOL International as a Best Affiliate Session. She is one of the 50 scholarship winners who attended and presented at IATEFL, held in Birmingham in April 2016. Luciana has been the Head at several bilingual IB institutions in Buenos Aires. At present she is a Learning Consultant and reader for National Geographic Learning and Trinity College London Argentina. She is also a facilitator at ESSARP (English Speaking Scholastic Association of the River Plate), where she trains heads and teachers from the most important bilingual institutions in Argentina.
Kindergarten heads, coordinators and teachers
Get pariticpants to:
- understand and reflect upon the benefits of planning Literature-based projects.
- explore the steps when planning a Literature-based project.
- explore examples of Literature-based projects for Kindergarten.
- see other practitioners´work in action.
- take practical ideas and tips for planning their own projects based on high quality Literature for children.
- Thematic units.
- Literature-based teaching and learning.
- Literature-based projects.
- Links across the curriculum in a Literature-based project.
- Literacy, Maths and Science in a Literature-based project.
- Project glossary: final task, skills development, global communicative objectives, linguistic and non-linguistic content.
In the session participants will: - read material. - discuss examples. - watch videos. - reflect upon own practice. - explore and assess ideas.
To be specified.