KP376 - Enganging Learning Through Positive Discipline
- Ciclo: 2020
- Nivel: Kindergarten / Primary
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: ESSARP
- Capacitador/es: Maria Gabriela Martino de Galindez
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 1200.00
No afiliados ARS 1200.00
|1||21 Feb 2020||09:30 AM||12:30 PM|
English Teacher (INSPT – UTN), specialist in Didactics, Teacher Trainer, Bachelor Degree in English Language (UTN), and Magister in TEFL (Universidad de Jaén, España). ¨Profesora Adjunta¨ ¨Didáctica Especial y Práctica de la Enseñanza¨ (INSPT – UTN) and Reseacher Teacher (UTN). Has taught ¨Metodología ¨ and ¨Residencia Pedagógica in UMSA, Dissertation director in ¨LOGE¨- Universidad Austral. Member of the Academic Committee of ¨ALCED Argentina¨. Lecturer on Differentiated Pedagogy applied to teaching boys and girls in Argentina and abroad. Co-author of ¨Nuevo Paradigma Escolar¨ (2012, Ed. Logos-Promesa). Has taught English at Secondary School for more than 25 years and has been English coordinator at kindergarten level. Has been English coordinator at kindergarten level and Head Teacher in the Primary section in Colegio El Buen Ayre and Los Candiles/Los Caminos schools.
Kindergarten and Primary teachers, head teachers, coordinators, and "Equipo de orientación Escolar" members
• To reflect upon ways that help teachers support the effective communication and relationship skills that teachers require to create mutually respectful classrooms, build intrinsic motivation, and develop cooperative learning communities.
• To identify teachers’ teaching styles and students’ learning styles.
• Based on the most recent research and examples of the most effective practice the course aims to be a resource in providing the tools that teachers need to be most successful, to respond to students with encouragement, to promote critical life skills so that students develop their full human potential, to model empathy and compassion, to show students the value of talking time to learn skills, and to develop the ability to connect with peers, teachers, and parents with the utmost respect.
Positive discipline tools for teachers:
- Understanding our students
- Positive discipline foundational principles: encouragement, caring, focus on solutions, kind and firm, mistakes as opportunities for learning.
- Forming a bond: connection before correction
- Managing the positive disciplined classroom: strategies and techniques.
The course will have a workshop format, in which we shall analyze concepts, do individual and collaborative activities, and share experiences in the light of Positive Discipline.
- Dweck, C. (2016) Mindset. The New Psychology for Success. USA: Penguin Random House
- Nelsen, J.; Lott, L.; Glenn S. (2015) Disciplina Positiva en el Aula. Mexico: Editorial Rondine
- Nelsen, J.; Gfroerer K. (2017) Positive Discipline. Tools for Teachers. New York: Harmony
- Ricci, M. (2015) Mindsets in the Classroom. USA: Prufrock Press Inc.