PS236 - Working with Drama Techniques and Literature in the English Class
- Ciclo: 2020
- Nivel: Primary / Secondary
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: ESSARP
- Capacitador/es: Griselda Beacon
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 1200.00
No afiliados ARS 1200.00
|1||17 Feb 2020||01:30 PM||04:30 PM|
Griselda Beacon holds an MA in English & American Literature and Foreign Language Teaching from Philipps-Universität Marburg, Germany. She delivers teacher training workshops in Argentina and abroad and focusses on teaching young learners, children and adolescents´ literature, creativity, CLIL for primary teachers & intercultural education. At present she teaches Children and Adolescents’ Literature at Teacher Training College at the IES en Lenguas Vivas "Juan Ramón Fernández".
Primary & secondary school teachers
• Work with literary texts from a performative perspective.
• Discuss the impact of developing creative and critical thinking skills to enhance the foreign language learning process.
• Explore different ways to work with literature and artistic expression to help children have a cognitive, artistic, emotional and physical learning experience.
• Participate in interactive, performative tasks.
• Think, plan and carry out a variety of creative tasks that involve performativity & literature.
In this workshop we will work with Drama Techniques and literature in the English Class. We will carry out performative activities in collaborative contexts that create room for children & adolescents to express themselves in English. We will introduce literary texts that can be easily performed such as stories, poems, rhymes and plays. We will explore how performative tasks with literature help students develop their own voice, artistic awareness and collaboration.
The workshop has a dialogical and interactive approach. Participants will discuss and apply concepts, work with literature, carry out performative tasks, brainstorm creative teaching ideas & develop supporting teaching materials.
- Beacon, Griselda. „The Discourse of Creativity in ELT.“ En English, N° 11-12, Septiembre de 2016, Moscú: The First Publishing House, 6-9
- Csikszentmihalyi, M. (2008). Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience. New York, NY: Harper Perennial
- Egan, Kieran. (2005) An Imaginative Approach to Teaching. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass
- Farmer, David. (2011) Learning through Drama in the Primary Years. www.dramaresource.com
- Lazar, Gillian. (2005) Literature and Language Teaching. Cambridge: CUP
- Read, Carol (2007) 500 Activities for the Primary Classroom. Londres: Macmillan Pub. Lted
- Slattery, Mary (2008) Teaching with Bear. Oxford: Oxford UP
- Wilson, Ken. (2008) Drama and Improvisation. Oxford: Oxford UP
- Worthy, Jo. (2005) Readers Theater for Building Fluency. New York: Teaching Resources
- Wright, Andrew. (1995) Storytelling with Children. Series Ed. Alan Maley. Oxford: Oxford UP
----. (1997) Creating Stories with Children. Oxford: Oxford UP