D155 - Assessment Reloaded: Effective tools to empower our practice
- Ciclo: 2021
- Nivel: Distance
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: A distancia
- Capacitador/es: Romina Paola Cariati
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 9000.00
No afiliados ARS 9000.00
|1||07 Jun 2021 - 13 Jun 2021||Sesión a distancia|
|2||14 Jun 2021 - 20 Jun 2021||Sesión a distancia|
|3||21 Jun 2021 - 27 Jun 2021||Sesión a distancia|
|4||28 Jun 2021 - 04 Jul 2021||Sesión a distancia|
|5||05 Jul 2021 - 11 Jul 2021||Sesión a distancia|
Capacitador/esRomina Paola Cariati
Romina Cariati holds a degree in Education, specialized in Education Management from UNQUI. She is also a Teacher of English from UMSA and holds a post graduate diploma on Socio-educational Programs from the Ministry of Education. She has worked at several bilingual schools and co-founded Westbridge School of English located in Banfield. Since 2011, she has been working with the Thinking Visible approach from Harvard University, Neuroscience applied to education and the Teaching for Understanding framework. Nowadays, she works as a Thinking Visible Coach, as an Educational Advisor at different institutions and schools, including the Ministry of Education (Bs As Province) and she is deputy head at Grilli Canning College.
All teachers at primary and secondary school level
- To analyze a wide range of assessment tools to be used in the English classroom.
- To share useful feedback techniques to enhance learner's overall performance.
- To evaluate different strategies to empower students to keep track of their own learning process.
- Overview of the concept of ongoing assessment by the Teaching for Understanding framework.
- Simple and powerful strategies to assess students in the language classroom.
- Tools to provide effective feedback.
- Strategies for self-assessment.
- Introduction to the use of rubrics for ongoing assessment.
- Tips to assess in a hybrid school.
This online course consists of 5 modules with plenty of ideas to develop effective assessment tools in a hybrid school. Participation will be fostered in order to create a learning community and share ideas and experiences together.
- Blythe, Tina (1998) The Teaching for Understanding Guide. Jossey-Bass.
- Brown, H. Douglas (2004) Language Assessment: Principles and classroom practices. Pearson Education Inc.
- Ritchhart, Ron et al. (2011) Making Thinking Visible. How to Promote Engagement, Understanding and Independence for All Learners. Jossey-Bass.
-More bibliography will be provided in the course.