D214 - Webinar - Teaching English to Students with Dyslexia
- Ciclo: 2021
- Nivel: Distance
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: Distance
- Capacitador/es: Maria Laura Scasso
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 1800.00
No afiliados ARS 1800.00
|1||08 Feb 2021||03:00 PM||04:30 PM|
Capacitador/esMaria Laura Scasso
Staff and coaching teacher in charge of the Learning Center at St. John’s School in Pilar from 1999 up to September 2017. Academic Director of the online “Dislexia Sin Fronteras”, Spanish version of the Coursera MOOC: Supporting Children with Difficulties with Reading and Writing, University of London, Dyslexia International and the UCL Institute fo Education. Mentor of the same MOOC. Member of the D.E.A group: Red Argentina. Participated in support of the National Law for dyslexia and other learning difficulties. Lecturer at workshops and conferences about Dyslexia for teachers and families. Spanish/English Scientific and Literary Translator, INSP en Lenguas Vivas.
Heads, coordinators and teachers of English in primary school
- Become acquainted with the specific problems of students with dyslexia when learning a second language.
- Learn about different resources to be used with students with dyslexia when teaching English to Spanish speakers.
- Design types of work and exercises that will help all students, particularly those with dyslexia.
- Design accommodations to evaluate students with dyslexia.
- What is dyslexia?
- Why is it important to take it into account when teaching English to Spanish speakers?
- What kind of specific instruction do they need?
- What kind of exercises are the most useful for these students?
- What resources are the most helpful?
- What kind of accommodations are necessary to evaluate these students?
Online class via zoom. There will be an expository powerpoint and participants will be allowed to ask questions during the exposition. Date: 8/2 Time: 3.00 p.m. - 4.30 p.m.
Philomena Ott, 1997, How to detect and manage dyslexia - A reference and resource manual. Heinemann.
Ronald D. Davis, 2010, The Gift of Dyslexia - Perigee
- Milne Duncan, 2005, Teaching the Brain to Read, Smartkids.
International Dyslexia Association: Dyslexia Assessment, what it is and how can it help
British Dyslexia Association: What are Specific Learning Difficulties.
Headstrong Nation: Inside the Hidden World of Dyslexia & ADHD
Ana María Radrizzani Goñi 2016 - Hay Lugar para mí - Editorial Letra Viva
Headstrong Nation – Classroom accomodations.