D381 - Webinar - Lessons for a Post-Pandemic Education: how differently will we teach?
- Ciclo: 2021
- Nivel: Distance
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: Distance
- Capacitador/es: Mercedes Perez Berbain
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 1800.00
No afiliados ARS 1800.00
|1||10 Feb 2021||03:00 PM||04:30 PM|
Capacitador/esMercedes Perez Berbain
Mercedes Pérez Berbain is an educational consultant and teacher educator. She is a faculty member at Pilgrims Teacher Training (UK) and ESSARP (Argentina), and a reviewer for several international journals. She holds an M.A. in Education with Distinction from Oxford Brookes University, UK. She has written materials for Pearson and OUP, and co-edited for Palgrave Macmillan. Her research interests include leadership in education, inclusion, and young learners.
For kindergarten and primary school teachers and coordinators and anyone who wants to rethink education
For participants to:
- Develop their understanding of teaching from a critical socio-cultural perspective.
- Critically reflect on their own teaching experience.
- Build up their knowledge of engagement, effective teaching and sustainability.
- YL learning an additional language actively
- Leadership skills
- Diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge construction
- Conversational dialogue
- The mobilisation of skills
- 21st century skills: communication, collaboration, creativity, critical thinking and confidence.
This is an experiential and interactive 90-minute on-line session which invites participants to capitalise on their past teaching experience; with a view of planning their 2021 teaching, with macro skills which guarantee effective learning in mind. Every participant will have the chance to rethink and enhance their teaching skills in collaboration and interaction with other colleagues. We will have the opportunity to think of ways of meeting our learner’s current needs. Zoom: Date: 10/2 Time: 3.00 p.m. - 4.30 p.m.
- Council of Europe, (2020). Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment available at https://rm.coe.int/common-european-framework-of-reference-for-languages-learning-teaching/16809ea0d4
- Douglas, S. (Ed.). (2019). Creating an inclusive school environment. London: British Council.
- Freire, P. and Faundez, A. 3rd edition. (2013). Por una pedagogía de la pregunta. Buenos Aires: Siglo veintiuno editores.
- Giroux, H.A. (2020). On Critical Pedagogy 2nd edition. London: Bloomsbury.
- Hattie, J. & Yates, G. (2014). Visible learning and the science of how we learn. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Mercer, S. & Dörnyei, Z. (2020). Engaging Language Learners in Contemporary Classrooms. Cambridge: CUP.
- Nottingham, J. (2016). Challenging Learning. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Richardson, S. and Thornbury, S. (2016). What's new in ELT besides technology? Part of the Cambridge Papers in ELT series. [pdf] Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Robinson, K. and Aronica, L. (2018). You, your child and school. New York: Viking.
- UN (2016). Sustainable Development Goals available at https://sdgs.un.org.