D455 - Webinar - Petals of Blood: AS level 2021-2023
- Ciclo: 2021
- Nivel: Distance
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Pospuesto
- Lugar: Distance
- Capacitador/es: Leonardo Andrés Pantaleo
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 1800.00
No afiliados ARS 1800.00
|1||12 May 2021||05:30 PM||07:00 PM|
Capacitador/esLeonardo Andrés Pantaleo
Leonardo graduated from the University of La Plata as a Teacher of English Language and Literature. He is doing his MA degree in Literary Studies at UBA. He has worked as a Teaching Assistant in Contemporary English Literature for two years and one in English Culture and Civilization at UNLP. He has participated in several academic conferences. For the past fifteen years, he has taught ESL and FLE classes for IGCSE and AS/A English Language and Literature in English at Patris Bilingual School, City Bell, and he has prepared IB candidates at St. George's, Quilmes and at Southern International School. For the past three years, he has developed digital material for an online educational platform.
AS level Literature teachers and Literature teachers in general
- To present the context of production and its marks in the text.
- To provide A literature teachers with useful tools for the analysis of the novel.
- To discuss possible ways of facilitating students' reading.
- To share ways of approaching the text in class with engaging activities.
- Class, Nationalism and Ethnicity in the novel
- The legacy of Colonialism: Neocolonialism and the Kenyan elite
- Language: a battleground inside and outside the novel
- Political dimension of the plot: resistance and liberation
- Voices, Perspectives and Chronology
- Presentation and discussion of the novel, its context of production and its themes. - Participants will be presented with material to arouse students' interest and to facilitate their understanding of the text. - Discussion of possible ways to enhance students’ analysis and production for AS level Literature examinations; including close reading techniques, thinking routines and games, among others.
- AS level syllabus and material available on www.cie.org.uk
- Chakraborty, Amitayu. The Polemics of Class, Nationalism and Ethnicity in Ngugi wa
Thiong’o’s Petals of Blood. Africology: The Journal of Pan African Studies, vol.9, no.10,
- Gugler, Josef. How Ngũgĩ Wa Thiong'o Shifted from Class Analysis to a Neo-Colonialist
Perspective. Cambridge University Press. The Journal of Modern African Studies Vol. 32,
No. 2- Jun., 1994.
- Ngugi wa Thiong'o. Petals of Blood. Penguin Classics. London, 2005.
- O‘Connell, Hugh Charles. Chapter 1: National Consciousness which is not Nationalism:
Natioanlis Ideologemes and Postimperial Literary Possibilities, in International Nationalisms:
Nation, World, Event in Poscolonial Anglophone and Postimperial Literatures. Michigan
State University Dissertation, 2011.
- Uwasomba, Chijioke. The Politics of Resistance and Liberation in Ngugi wa Thiong’o’s
Petals of Blood and Devil on the Cross. The Journal of Pan African Studies, vo.1, no.6,