D462 - Webinar - New Contemporary Texts for the Classroom + Practical activities to use them: No Fixed Address by Susin Nielsen (2018). Target group: 11+
- Ciclo: 2021
- Nivel: Distance
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Terminado
- Lugar: Distance
- Capacitador/es: Susana Fiordalizzi
El curso elegido no admite nuevas inscripciones
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 1800.00
No afiliados ARS 1800.00
|1||14 May 2021||05:30 PM||07:00 PM|
Graduate teacher of English from I.N.S.P. en Lenguas Vivas "J. R. Fernández". She did a posgraduate course in English Nineteenth & Twentieth Century Literature at I.E.S. en Lenguas Vivas "J. R. Fernández". She holds an MA degree in Literary Linguistics with the University of Nottingham. She has taught English Literature at IB level. She is currently tenured teacher of Children's Literature at I.E.S. "J. V. González". She has been teaching English Language courses for adolescents and young adults for over twenty years.
Primary School and Lower Secondary School Language and Literature Teachers, working towards the training of future candidates of IGCSE, AS or other international exams
• To acquaint teachers with new texts to be used in the Language/Literature classroom.
• To provide teachers with innovative teaching strategies that will allow them to make the
most of the novels in preparation for future IGCSE ones.
• To acquaint teachers with new materials which might be both engaging for students to
read and solid preparation for later set exams (IGCSE)
Participants will be provided with a handout with extracts of relevant parts in the
texts so as to be able to appreciate linguistic and stylistic features
in the texts.
NO PREVIOUS READING OF MATERIAL IS REQUIRED
The session will be organized in terms of a workshop for participants to enrich their understanding of the texts with contributions from the group. The participants will discuss the target audience for the text, points of entry, textual intervention strategies and intertextual links which can be established with other verbal or visual texts.
- Benton, Michael. Secondary Worlds. Buckingham: O.U.P., 1992.
- Lazar, Gillian. Literature and Language Teaching: A guide for Teachers and Trainers.
Glasgow: C.U.P., 1993.
- Hall, Geoff. Literature in Language Education. Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2005.
- Barone, Diane. Children’s Literature in the Classroom: Engaging Lifelong Readers. New York: The Guilford Press, 2011.
- McRae, John. Literature with a small ‘l’. Hong Kong: Macmillan, 1991.
- Falconer, Rachel. The Crossover Novel: Contemporary Children’s Literature and its Adult Readership. New York: Routledge, 2009.
- Nuttall, Christine. Teaching Reading Skills in a Foreign Language, Oxford, Macmillan
-Matulka, Denise. A Picture Book Primer: Understanding and Using Picture Books. Westport: Libraries Unlimited, 2008.
-Saraceni. Mario. The Language of Comics. London: Routledge, 2003.
- Vischer Bruns, Cristina. Why Literature? The Value of Literary Reading and What It Means for Teaching. New York: The Continuum International Publishing Group, 2011.