D628 - Webinar - ESSARP On Demand - Creative Reading with Children
- Ciclo: 2021
- Nivel: Distance
- Idioma: Inglés
- Estado: Confirmado
- Lugar: Distance
- Capacitador/es: Griselda Beacon
Por favor incribirse antes del
Lunes 13 de Diciembre
Colegios Afiliados No arancelado
Centros de Examen ARS 1800.00
No afiliados ARS 1800.00
|1||16 Dec 2021||02:00 PM||03:30 PM|
Griselda Beacon holds an MA in English & American Literature and Foreign Language Teaching from Philipps-Universität Marburg, Germany. She delivers teacher training workshops in Argentina and abroad and focusses on teaching young learners, children and adolescents´ literature, creativity, CLIL for primary teachers & intercultural education. At present she teaches Children and Adolescents’ Literature at Teacher Training College at the IES en Lenguas Vivas "Juan Ramón Fernández".
Pre-Primary & Primary Teachers
Introduce creative reading in Pre-Primary & Primary classroom: Book Talk – Storytelling – Reading Aloud - Story Time – Mediation – Interactive reading – Creative responses
Explore different strategies to promote children’s holistic reading experience.
Read, tell and perform literary texts with children to promote the development of language awareness and appropriation.
Think, plan and carry out a variety of creative “literary” tasks that ignite imagination and creativity!
The workshop explores creative reading strategies and activities in the Primary classroom which contribute to supporting extensive and spontaneous listening and reading in English. We will focus on how these strategies promote children’s reading abilities, ignite their creativity, imagination and thinkability and support the development of language awareness and appropriation. In this session, we will centre around picturebooks, storybooks and poems to encourage children’s holistic reading experience and we will make room for interactive and creative responses to foster exploration and discovery.
The reading material for our session may include some of the following texts:
A selection of poems by
- Michael Rosen
- Paul Cookson
- Tony Mitton
- Ian McMillan
- David Farmer
- Benjamin Zephaniah, among others.
A selection of stories by
Peter Reynolds, Todd Parr, Julia Donaldson, Anthony Browne, Vivieane Schwarz, Jon Klassen, Lucy
Cousins, Mo Willems, Michael Morpurgo, Nick Sharratt, Gray & Field, Chris Naylor – Ballesteros,
Steve Antony, among others.
These are some of the possible titles:
- There are No Cats in This Book (2010) Viviane Schwarz (author & illustrator)
- Silly Billy (2006) Anthony Browne (author & illustrator)
- Little Beauty (2010) Anthony Browne (author & illustrator)
- This is Not My Hat (2012) Jon Klassen (author & illustrator)
- This Book Just Ate My Dog (2014) Richard Byrne (author & illustrator)
- Don't Read This Book! (2010) Jill Lewis (author) & Deborah Allwright (illustrator)
- Don´t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! (2003) Mo Willems (author & illustrator)
- Today I Will Fly (2012) Mo Willems (author & illustrator)
- There Is a Bird on Your Head (2013) Mo Willems (author & illustrator)
- Handa’s Surprise (1994) Eileen Browne (author & illustrator)
- Pete The Cat: I Love My White Shoes. (1999) Eric Litwin (Author) & James Dean (Illustrator)
- We are going on a Bear Hunt (1989) Michael Rosen (author) & Helen Oxenbury (Illustrator)
- The Smartest Giant in Town (2003) Julia Donaldson (author) & Axel Scheffler (Illustrator)
- Room on a Broom (2003) Julia Donaldson (author) & Axel Scheffler (Illustrator)
- The Gruffalo (1999), The Gruffalo´s Child (2004) Julia Donaldson (author) & A. Scheffler (Illustrator)
- Monkey Puzzle (2000) Julia Donaldson (author) & Axel Scheffler (Illustrator)
- The Singing Mermaid (2012). Julia Donaldson (Author) & Lydia Monks (Illustrator)
- Atchoo! ([2014 Tchoum!, France] 2015) Virginie Morgand. (author & illustrator)
- OI FROG! (2014) Kes Gray (Author) & Jim Field (Illustrator)
- OI DOG! (2016) Kes & Claire Gray (Authors) & Jim Field (Illustrator)
- Look Up! (2019). Nathan Bryon (Author) & Dapo Adeola (Illustrator)
- Clean Up! (2020). Nathan Bryon (Author) & Dapo Adeola (Illustrator)
- I’m a Girl! (2016). Yasmeen Ismail (Author & Illustrator)
- The Suitcase (2020). Chris Naylor-Ballesteros (Author & Illustrator)
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly (1973) Child’s Play. Pam Adams (Illustrator)
- Hooray for Fish! ( 2013) Lucy Cousins (Author & Illustrator)
- My Father is a Polar Bear (2016). Michael Morpurgo (Author) & Felicita Sala (Illustrator)
- Stuck (2011). Oliver Jeffers (Author & Illustrator)
- Green Lizards vs Red Rectangles (2015) Steve Anthony (Author & Illustrator)
- Green Lizards and Red Rectangles and the Blue Ball (2020). Steve Anthony (Author & Illustra-tor)
- Can I Be Your Dog? (2018). Troy Cummings (Author & Illustrator)
- Ish (2004) & The Dot (2003). Peter Reynolds (Author & Illustrator)
- Are You a Monkey? A Tale of Animal Charades. (2017) Marine Rivoal (Author & Illustrator)
- Yo! Yes? (1993) Chris Raschka (Author & Illustrator)
- The Story of the Little Mole Who Knew It Was None of His Business (2008). Werner Holzwarth (Author) & Wolf Erlbruch (Illustrator)
The workshop has a dialogical and interactive approach. Participants will discuss and apply concepts, work with children´s literary texts, brainstorm creative teaching ideas, and share them with their community of teachers. Webinar 16 december 2.00 p.m. - 3.30 p.m.
Children’s Literature in English Language Education (CLELE). https://clelejournal.org/.
Egan, Kieran. (2005) An Imaginative Approach to Teaching. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Grondona White, Cristina y Graciela Moyano. (2004) Storytelling in the EFL Classroom. Words on Words – UK Literature for children and teenagers. British Council Argentina.
Intercultural Citizenship Education Through Picturebooks In Early English Language Learning (Icepell). https://icepell.eu/.
Lazar, Gillian. (2005) Literature and Language Teaching. Cambridge: CUP.
MacDonald, Margaret Read. (1993) The storyteller's start-up book: Finding, learning, performing, and using folktales including twelve tellable tales. Little Rock, Ark: August House.
Maley, Alan. (1994) Short and Sweet. Short Texts and How to Use Them. London: Penguin.
McRae, John. (1991) Literature with a Small “l”. London: Macmillan.
Mourão, Sandie. https://novaresearch.unl.pt/en/persons/sandie-mour%C3%A3o-2.
Picturebooks in European Primary English Language Teaching. (PEPELT) https://pepelt21.com.
Pope, Rob. (1995) Textual Intervention. Critical and Creative Strategies for Literary Studies. London: Routledge.
Worthy, Jo. (2005) Readers Theater for Building Fluency. New York: Teaching Resources.